Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Local Flavor, Vegas Edition: I ♥ Burgers


My office is located around the corner from Town Square,  a shopping, dining and entertainment center on the far south end of  Las Vegas Boulevard. There are a range of eateries there, from fancy to hip to casual.  I ♥ Burgers is one of the casual spots.  Although I'd driven past it several times on other outings to Town Square, I hadn't had a chance to try it out.  A lunchtime meeting was a great opportunity to do just that.



The place is bright and cheerful.  Staff wear t-shirts imprinted with (nom),  a hint that the food you've ordered is going to be good.

A variety of beef burgers are offered in standard or junior sizes along with natural-cut or sweet potato fries.  You can also get a vegetarian bean burger or a chicken burger.  There are salad options, too.



The appy menu features ahi tuna sliders and fried pickles, which is what I ordered.  Both were delish.  There's some sort of slaw on the sliders.  It's tangy and crunchy, providing a nice counterpoint to the tuna and the creamy avocado slices.  I loved the pickles.  They're cut in long strips, rather than coins, and coated in a tempura-style batter, so they're light and crispy.  There aren't too many of them, so I didn't feel terribly guily about making full use of the side of ranch dipping sauce.



Next time I go, I want to try the fried mac-n-cheese appetizer and the raw Tuscan kale salad.  I know; opposite ends of the spectrum, right?  But, being able to choose between bad stuff and healthy fare, depending on your mood, and knowing both will be good: well, that's what keeps you coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment