Thursday, April 5, 2012

Super Simple Kale Chips

 

I've heard quite a bit about how great Kale Chips are as a super healthy replacement for potato chips, popcorn and other crunchy, salty snacks.  I had hesitated before now to make them because, well, I'm lazy.  Lazy when it comes to food prep anyway.  I just didn't want to have to buy big bunches of kale, pull apart the sheaves, tear them into little bits while removing the stems, and then wash and thoroughly dry the pieces... all BEFORE prepping them for the oven.  Seemed like too much trouble.  Part of the attraction of potato chips, etc., is that it's as easy to eat them as opening a bag.

When I stumbled on bags of pre-washed, pre-cut kale at the Walmart Superstore the other night, making this uber-nutritional junk food replacement suddenly became accessible.  With the addition of olive oil spray and some sea salt, I quickly ate half a bag of kale while watching my favorite TV show.  It was surprisingly tasty.  I now plan to keep bags of kale in the fridge so that I can easily whip up this up next time I want to nibble.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 bag of pre-washed, pre-cut kale
  • Olive oil spray, to taste
  • Sea salt, to taste
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Lay out kale on baking sheet, sorting through it to remove stems.
  • Spritz with olive oil spray and sprinkle with sea salt.
  • Toss on baking sheet.
  • Spritz and sprinkle again if necessary.
  • Bake for 15-17 minutes and eat immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment