Friday, March 23, 2012

Brownie Bites


Normally, when my husband travels for work, I drop him off and pick him up at the airport.  It's always wonderful to be the first person to see him when he returns.  Today, though, I can't get away from work in time to get him.  Since I won't be able to greet him with a hug and kiss at the airport, I decided to bake him something sweet for when he arrives home to show him I love him.  These poppable bites are like little kisses of fudgy flavor.  The small size and use of Just Like Sugar, along with the sugar, also bring the calorie count down.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup Just Like Sugar (a sugar substitute)
  • 5 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spritz a mini-muffin pan with non-stick buttery spray.
  • Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  • Distribute the brownie dough evenly in the mini-muffin pan.
  • Bake for 10 minutes.
  • Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes; then turn out onto a baking rack until completely cooled.
Makes 24 bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment