Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Spicy Salmon & Corn Flatbread Pizza


I had an odd craving for salmon salad, but I wanted something hot.  So I decided to turn the salad into a pizza topping and see what happened.  It was good... and surprisingly spicy because of the salsa.  I had no idea how much kick that salsa had!  I don't normally like spicy stuff, but this was tasty.  The cheese wedges gave the topping a nice creaminess, and the flatbread was pleasingly crisp because I kept it in the oven while it was preheating.

The only thing I'd do differently next time is to use shredded mozzarella, rather than the string cheese I had in the house.  The string cheese didn't melt as well as I'd hoped, so shredded is the way to go.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Flatout Healthy Grain Flatbread
  • 1 packet Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon
  • 2 Laughing Cow Light French Onion spreadable cheese wedges
  • 6 tablespoons World Table Sweet Corn Salsa
  • 1 Frigo Light String Cheese 

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • While oven is preheating, spritz a pizza pan with non-stick olive oil spray.
  • Place flatbread on pizza pan and spritz with olive oil spray.
  • Place pan with flatbread in the oven as it preheats.
  • While the oven is preheating, use a fork to mix together cheese wedges and salsa, blending well.
  • Mix in salmon and blend thoroughly.
  • When the oven is done preheating, remove the pan with the flatbread and flip the flatbread over.
  • Evenly distribute salmon mixture on the flatbread.
  • Pull string cheese into strings and criss-cross on top of the salmon mixture.
  • Bake for 15 minutes.

Makes 1 serving.

Nutrition Stats: 345 calories, 34g protein, 10g fat, 11g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment