Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chunky Chinese Salsa

Chunky Chinese Salsa

Chinese Tricolor Hot Peppers

Black, Yellow, Red & Orange Grape Tomatoes

At the farmers market this morning, I stumbled across the most adorable peppers: Chinese Tricolor Hot Peppers.  Miniature and colorful... I was a goner; I had to buy them and use them in something.  That was when I spotted the grape tomatoes at the next table over... in an array of bright hues, and the idea for Chunky Chinese Salsa was born! 

This was my first time making salsa, and I didn't measure a thing.  So, this is going to be one of those rough recipes that requires you only to toss in whatever quantities seem good to you.

Ingredients:

  • Grape tomatoes, chopped
  • Diced red onions
  • Diced green peppers
  • Chopped Chinese hot peppers (just a few; these are hot, and it doesn't take much.)
  • Minced garlic
  • Garlic & Pepper Seasoning to taste
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

  • Mix everything together and refrigerate.
  • The longer it sits, the hotter it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment